In a giant leap to regaining a sense of normalcy for the adult pleasure product industry, retailers and vendors once again found each other face to face at Burbank’s Airport Marriott Hotel this week for the 25th Anniversary of ANME and the 15th annual Storerotica Awards.
The pandemic prevented ANME from hosting their in-person event for over two years but this week saw the return as vendors both large and small welcomed qualified buyers from all over the world so that they could showcase their latest products up close and personal.
“ANME hasn’t missed a beat,” exclaims Storerotica Magazine’s PR and Marketing Director, Kristofer Kay. “It was a great pleasure to see so many of our industry friends and partners walking the aisles of ANME, hearing how they continue to prosper even in the most perilous of times and then seeing what’s new and upcoming for retailers all the while honoring a select few at another packed SE Awards presentation.”
Per tradition the SE Awards were held on Tuesday evening, July 12 as the ANME attendees packed the convention’s outside tent to recognize the excellence found within the pleasure product community. Known for her welcoming demeanor and quick wit, noted industry personality and founder of Sunsplash Media Group, Dr. Sunny Rodgers, hosted the awards. In total 17 awards were presented including a very special Hall of Fame presentation to ANME co-creator and CalExotics founder, Susan Colvin.
“It’s almost embarrassing that we haven’t inducted Mrs. Colvin sooner,” admits Kay. “But seeing how this year is like a homecoming of sorts and the 25th Anniversary of ANME, we were delighted to give her an honor more than deserving. She’s paved the way for so many women in our industry. We just wanted to honor her in the best way we could.”
The list of winners can be found below. Complete coverage of ANME and the SE Awards will be found in the upcoming August issue of SE Magazine. ANME’s next in-person event will be January 9-11th 2023.
For more information please contact SE’s Kristofer Kay at (727) 726-3592 or Kris@edpublications.com.
2022 SE Award Winners
- Pleasure Product Company of the Year: CalExotics
- Distributor of the Year: Eldorado Trading Company
- Fetish/BDSM Company of the Year: Sportsheets
- Lubricant Manufacturer of the Year: Wicked Sensual Care
- Boutique Brand of the Year: Rock Candy Toys
- New Product of the Year: Magic Wand Mini
- LGBTQIA+ Company of the Year: Boneyard Toys
- Sexual Enhancement Company of the Year: Swiss Navy
- Foreign Company of the Year: Lovehoney
- Male Pleasure Product of the Year: We-Vibe Bond
- Retailer of the Year (Independent): Exposé Boutique in San Diego, California
- Retailer of the Year (Chain): Deja Vu Love Boutiques
- Product Packaging of the Year: King Cock Elite by Pipedream Products
- Brand Ambassador of the Year: April Hoopes by Nu Sensuelle
- Businessman of Year: Scott Watkins of Doc Johnson
- Businesswoman of the Year: Wanda Garland of Eldorado Trading Company