CalExotics, the world’s leading manufacturer of pleasure products, will be holding a free, virtual training for those in the adult novelty and pleasure products industry. The training, called “Sex Ed for Sex Educators: The Business of Sex Positivity,” is free to attend and will be led by CalExotics’ Resident Sexologist, Dr. Jill McDevitt, who holds three degrees in human sexuality. It will take place live on Zoom on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at 2 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST/11 a.m. PST and will last approximately one hour.
“This training will facilitate self-reflection and strategy development to help participants foster healthy attitudes toward sexuality, develop their role as sexuality educators in a retail setting, and create a sex-positive business space,” said McDevitt.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the formation of sexual myths and cultural taboos, and how they impact the ways employees and customers behave in the retail space.
- Discuss the seven domains of sexuality that every sex educator must know.
- Describe the comprehensive role of the sex educator in a retail setting.
- Respond to the most common questions adults ask sex education professionals.
- Identify the key concepts of sex-positivity and at least one strategy for implementation.
“Providing ongoing education for pleasure product retailers is incredibly important to CalExotics,” says Susan Colvin, founder and CEO of CalExotics. “It is our hope that virtual trainings like this one shed new light on important topics while fostering a greater sense of community for the industry.”
To register for the virtual training, click here.